Aetos Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some SnK Everywhere

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sakana

Sakana

Some SnK Everywhere Empty
PostSubject: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 6:40 pm

Ahem, It's an unlisted video on a draft account.
I feel (very) kinda unsure of my editing XD If it's a crap, not crap? If i would try to audition with this video i'm pretty sure i wouldn't get far, so...... THIS THREAD IS REALLY WONDERFULL AND JUST WHAT I NEEDED GUYS *w* If it's not a problem, can i hear those tips and critism please c: would help a lot! I could improve it before making public!

(and i got inspired by one of your members, i mean slaves, and wanted sempaii to notice it)
Back to top Go down
Ninetailsrox

Ninetailsrox

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:34 pm

You are a smart one aren't you?

Well anyways, I overall liked the edit. There were minor flaws, but not enough to ruin the AMV. There were some awkward pans that were unnecessary like 0:43/44/45 seconds. Because the beginning of the song is just a few beats, having awkward slow pans like that kind of ruins the flow. However, it's fine to have it later in the amv where things are a bit more serious and contain a lot more beats. I don't know, that's just my personal taste to it. I would stick to subtle effects and transitions until 0:53 where that one beat ultimately changes the course of the song. Other than that, I loved the entire AMV, maybe because of the chosen song with the anime or just the edit itself. Dude I feel inspired to edit with this song just because of you...hahahaha.

Well remember to stick more to the lyrics and the story you are trying to convey. I personally think the story is really broad but you do have a sense to your amv. Twist it up a little if you have to and be creative. The story in your amv is your leverage. This amv has a lot of hidden potential, you could totally do something more with this song! I really believe it.
Back to top Go down
Sakana

Sakana

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:49 pm

Thank you very much for your answer! And thanks for the tips, i will follow them!
In short this amv is okay to catch an eye, but i kind of lack some tehnical skills and i should work on it more to bring out the best? My only excuse is it being a 1 day edit  xD When i make fast edits it's either bad or either ass, never those words together XD

You should seriously edit to this song!!!! Your editing is brilliant, it would be a joy if you ever do that :3 Besides i wont make this AMV public after finishing, so the song won't be repeating as well. But i would like to post it here, so people can see what can be done with help of Aetos power XD (''before and after'' style)
(and that was my first time i'm called smart, i'm moved)
Back to top Go down
Ninetailsrox

Ninetailsrox

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:28 pm

Oh I thought you were going to audition with it, so that's why I said you're smart for posting it here before actually auditioning with it xDD Not many people, including myself, are smart to do that lol.

"When i make fast edits it's either bad or either ass, never those words together XD"
Such wise words. Took me awhile to figure that one out. Then I laughed...like a maniac.

Well your AMV is a good rough draft. Just tweak some things and narrow the AMV's story (I don't know how else to explain it). I could really see a real story emerging from your AMV, you just need to rearrange clips. As for editing techniques that's totally up to you. Yeah nowadays, you have to come up with something original and insanely creative for something to be "eye worthy." So I say go crazy, literally. If you're look for some inspiration to spark up creativity, stalk tumblr, gifs, pixiv, MAD's, even editors if you have to (don't show up at Zeldaa1234's doorstep though, I know you want to ;D).

Nahhh man, I literally have so many projects. You should see how many AMVs (that I made, NOT MEPS OR COLLABS), I upload every year. Like 1-2 LOL Some people are already onto me about that *cough*. I'll consider it though, it is a nice song. Gotta love Paper Route <3

wahhhh?!!? You're not making it public?? C'MONNNNNNN
Back to top Go down
Sakana

Sakana

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 11:32 am

NOT SMART  -thuderstruck-
Nope, i can't audition for any studio. I just wanted to test my skills and auditions are usually the best way. OKE 8D LEAVE IT TO ME 8D I hope i can do it for the storyline, not a strong point of mine, but gotta start somewhere! Thanks again, what you say is really usefull!

''(don't show up at Zeldaa1234's doorstep though, I know you want to ;D)''
You make it sound like she kidnaps kids -CRYING-

''Some people are already onto me about that *cough*''
YOU EARNED ANOTHER ONE JUST NOW XDDDDD JUST LETTING YOU KNOW XDD

''Gotta love Paper Route <3''
YESSSSSSS <3
Back to top Go down
MentalTsui
Leader
MentalTsui

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 11:50 am

Lemme just spend a long time hating you for using this song, ok? D8 -have been craving to use it for more than 5 months-

-will post a serious comment pretty soon-
Back to top Go down
seireina

seireina

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:05 pm

I really love your amv. ;A; I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M THE INSPIRATION. Thank you *kisses forehead*
Back to top Go down
seireina

seireina

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:22 pm

''(don't show up at Zeldaa1234's doorstep though, I know you want to ;D)''

^

*prepares ropes and tape*
Back to top Go down
MentalTsui
Leader
MentalTsui

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 7:11 pm

Watch out kids, here she comes.
Back to top Go down
Ninetailsrox

Ninetailsrox

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:03 pm

"NOT SMART  -thuderstruck-"
Well you'll be smart in my heart *kokoro beats*

ahahaha....maybe.

"YOU EARNED ANOTHER ONE JUST NOW XDDDDD JUST LETTING YOU KNOW XDD"
LOL ogawd.. WELL YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO NAG ME EVERYDAY SO HA! >8D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*prepares ropes and tape*
Here have some duct tape, great for various uses -wink-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Watch out kids, here she comes.
Some SnK Everywhere Screen11
Back to top Go down
Sakana

Sakana

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:03 am

Seireina wrote:
Thank you *kisses forehead*
Some SnK Everywhere Tumblr_lwq4bkO62w1r47ldj
excuse me while i feels

Last edited by Sakana on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sakana

Sakana

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:12 am

MentalTsui wrote:
Lemme just spend a long time hating you for using this song, ok? D8 -have been craving to use it for more than 5 months
MentalTsui wrote:
ok? D8
NO 8D (this not gonna be public, please do your supreme magic xD)
Back to top Go down
MentalTsui
Leader
MentalTsui

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:20 am

Sakana wrote:
MentalTsui wrote:
Lemme just spend a long time hating you for using this song, ok? D8 -have been craving to use it for more than 5 months
MentalTsui wrote:
ok? D8
NO 8D (this not gonna be public, please do your supreme magic xD)
Ok now I hate you x2
Back to top Go down
seireina

seireina

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:34 am

Sakana wrote:
Seireina wrote:
Thank you *kisses forehead*
Some SnK Everywhere Tumblr_lwq4bkO62w1r47ldj
excuse me while i feels
Some SnK Everywhere Tumblr_mqskzodkAY1rm1g18o1_500
Back to top Go down
Sakana

Sakana

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 12:21 pm

"Hide Yo' Wife
Hide Yo' Kids'' XDDDDDDDDD VERY DED

MentalTsui wrote:

Ok now I hate you x2
Some SnK Everywhere 9hjf6e Like you didn't before

''Your panties: what colour are they?''
I don't wear any sempai I love you 

Back to top Go down
Ninetailsrox

Ninetailsrox

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 1:42 pm

''Your panties: what colour are they?''
I don't wear any sempai I love you

Now you're just asking for it LOL
Back to top Go down
seireina

seireina

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 10:19 am

Some SnK Everywhere Takasu10
o rly now
Back to top Go down
MentalTsui
Leader
MentalTsui

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 5:16 pm

Sakana wrote:

MentalTsui wrote:

Ok now I hate you x2
Some SnK Everywhere 9hjf6e Like you didn't before
Some SnK Everywhere 6090-sad-gif
Back to top Go down
Sirenaim
Co-leader
Sirenaim

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 6:08 pm

What has this chat turned into, oh my god---
I'll be a party pooper and actually pull this thread back to where it belongs, THE ACTUAL CRITIQUE DAMNIT.

Although it's too late for me to formulate a developed/precise critique I'll just be brief and concise for now; though if you want me to I can eventually redo it Smile

All in all, I have to say that it's a pretty good video; the song fits the anime really well and some scenes did match the lyrics as well. It's an AMV that kept me hung up til the end as well because purty colors and purty editing with purty song and purty flow = purty amv *¬*

Technically though, some parts could have been better. The typography could have used some more presence throughout the whole edit and a little more movement too. The glitchy/noisy distortion effect you used for some beats was a neat choice but you could've gone with TV simulator instead, it gives a more randomized look to it.
I really liked the transition at 1:01, it was pretty smart. Needs a little more panning/blending work though but it's not bad at all Wink

Ehh, if that's what I call concise then I guess I'll just pass on the developed beta-testing unless you want me to do it Mad

But I definitely want to see more of your editing! Link us to your main channel sometime. D8
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sirenaim
seireina

seireina

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:38 pm

IM SOBBING AT KAY'S GIF
Some SnK Everywhere Tumblr11
Back to top Go down
MentalTsui
Leader
MentalTsui

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 4:57 am

Hahahaha..ALRIGHT LET'S MAKE CRITIQUE

First of all, I loved the video. The combination of the song and anime worked pretty well, which got me surprised. Altho my problem is with some of the pannings, like some in the 0:40's, they came out really weirdly, and that wiggly effect that you used for the glitchy sound of the song, while that was somewhat a good idea, i didnt like it myself. :'D
Tho the overall video is really good. I really loved it. YOU FINISH AND SHOW US THE FINAL OUTCOME.
Back to top Go down
Sakana

Sakana

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 1:34 am

sorry for late reply senpai-tachi, i will start working on the video right away
thanks for all the critique and tips :333
Sirenaim wrote:
But I definitely want to see more of your editing! Link us to your main channel sometime. D8
i'm flattered, but it's not available atm -sobs-
anyways you all rock, i will post the video here once it's finished!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some SnK Everywhere   Some SnK Everywhere Empty

Back to top Go down

Some SnK Everywhere
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aetos Productions :: AMVs & GRAPHICS :: Your AMVs-
Jump to: