Aetos Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED]

Go down 
+4
MentalTsui
Ninetailsrox
Sirenaim
Vimilix
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Vimilix

Vimilix

Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED] Empty
PostSubject: Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED]   Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED] EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 11:36 am

Name: Veronica/Vee
Username: Vimilix
Editing experience (how long? what programs?): 5 years editing. 4 years with sony vegas.
Audition video(s): (i recently moved to vimilix so i havent anything uploaded yet so i will audition with a video from my old main account if that's ok :3)

Why do you want to join us? The studio looks very nice :)I also want to improve my editing and love to meet new people :3
Back to top Go down
Sirenaim
Co-leader
Sirenaim

PostSubject: Re: Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED]   Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED] EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 12:40 pm

While the video isn't bad, it just doesn't really spark any interest in me. It's very repetitive, the exact same rhythm is kept throughout the whole edit and you've used the same effect for every scene change. It becomes a little boring after a few seconds and I can't seem to really find anything that makes it special, despite the fact that you followed the lyrics pretty neatly.
That would be a no for me, sorry.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sirenaim
Ninetailsrox

Ninetailsrox

PostSubject: Re: Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED]   Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED] EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 3:42 pm

I agree with sirenaim, it was quite repetitive but you did consistently match the lyrics and the flow was good. Plus I've seen your editing before so it'll be a yes from me. Try to minimize the repeat of effects and add a bit of a twist on your own part though.
Back to top Go down
MentalTsui
Leader
MentalTsui

PostSubject: Re: Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED]   Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED] EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 3:47 pm

While scene selection was alright and fitting with song lyrics, the video is, as the others stated, repetitive and it's also a little boring for my taste. I'm sorry but it's a no for me.
Back to top Go down
Vimilix

Vimilix

PostSubject: Re: Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED]   Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED] EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:52 am

MentalTsui wrote:
While scene selection was alright and fitting with song lyrics, the video is, as the others stated, repetitive and it's also a little boring for my taste. I'm sorry but it's a no for me.
If i finish a new amv soon on my new account, can i audition with that one instead ? ;w;
Back to top Go down
Miilru

Miilru

PostSubject: Re: Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED]   Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED] EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 2:37 pm

I think you chose good scenes for this song, and it does catch my attention and I do feel it tbh.

However just the emotional part isn't always enough.
I think the white glow? which starts at the beginning of the clip and then fades away is too strong. You can clearly see where it stops right now and I think that also damages the flow. Instead I would drag the keyframe of '0' all the way to the end of the clip so that you won't have that effect.

Because you use this on all of your clips the intensity of it quickly fades and the rest of the video doesn't have any other kind of variation either. Therefore I am going to have to give you a no.

Please don't feel disencouraged by this. For me the most important part of a video is the story. It needs to have some sort of purpose and I do see that here, so you must defenitly be on the right way!
Back to top Go down
yumemiiru

yumemiiru

PostSubject: Re: Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED]   Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED] EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:40 am

I agree wholeheartedly with Malou's advice. You've got a good basis and you're very fluid and confident with the style you have atm, but I think you just need to experiment a little more? playing around with effect values on SV can be a drag, but sometimes you stumble upon some really nice accidents.
However, I've known your editing for quite a while now and I really like it, so I'm saying yes Smile It's thanks to the MEP groups and studios I was years ago that I learnt the tricks I know today, so I think we can all tweak our skills together!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Yumemiiru
seireina

seireina

PostSubject: Re: Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED]   Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED] EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:29 pm

It's going to be a maybe from me mainly because I think you have the ability to improve after listening to everyone's critique. You haven't improved much since I subscribed to you to be completely honest. The amv lacks creativity completely. It's also not quite long (you would think it would be because you didn't put much effort). I hope you can take everyone's advice and make something better. Experiment and make your editing have character. Your flow is pretty alright with slow slongs but even the 'emotion' you were able to bring to the table isn't exactly jaw dropping. Also I hate to get personal but I hope you reconsider joining because I know you aren't on good terms with a certain someone in Aetos. This studio is all around friendly and we do talk to each other. I don't think you should join if it'd make you or that person uncomfortable. That's my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
bloosomangel10

bloosomangel10

PostSubject: Re: Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED]   Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED] EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:49 pm

As the other members were saying your video lacks "creativity", the flow is alright, and you followed the lyrics pretty neatly but it lacks something, i didn´t get any special feeling while watching this video, it was a bit plain D: Nevertheless i do think you can improve as Lina said. Even so i´ll have to say no, i´m really sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED]   Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED] Empty

Back to top Go down

Vimilix's Audition [DECLINED]
Page 1 of 1