Aetos Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[TUTORIAL] How to make clean MEP transitions.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sirenaim
Co-leader
Sirenaim

[TUTORIAL] How to make clean MEP transitions. Empty
PostSubject: [TUTORIAL] How to make clean MEP transitions.   [TUTORIAL] How to make clean MEP transitions. EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 2:45 pm

[NOTE: I just copy-pasted this tutorial I wrote on another forum almost a year ago, but I thought it'd be useful for everyone. If there's anything I should add, tell me about it!]

Well well well.
Out of extreme stress due to school and my oh so very convincing will to study, I come to you with a guide for transitions!
No but really, I thought about doing this for a while.

I know how hard it is for MEP hosts to make transitions that are good looking enough so the editor's efforts aren't going to waste and I found out quite a few ways to make it easier to transition two tracks.
There are 3 ways I work with when it comes to making transitions. Just so it doesn't take up too much space on the screen, I put them under spoiler tags.

Note: I won't talk about the actual transition coordinating or how you edit your track according to the previous track, but only the technical side since it's the only thing the host will have to care about once he gets the tracks.

Trick #1: markers.:

Trick #2: chroma keying.:

Trick #3: alpha channeling:

I hope this post was anyhow useful and if there's any question, don't hesitate to ask!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sirenaim
MentalTsui
Leader
MentalTsui

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to make clean MEP transitions.   [TUTORIAL] How to make clean MEP transitions. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 4:14 pm

I learned alpha channeling..THIS EXPLAINS A LOT OF SITUATIONS I HAD AS AN MEP HOST.....damn..
Back to top Go down
Sirenaim
Co-leader
Sirenaim

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to make clean MEP transitions.   [TUTORIAL] How to make clean MEP transitions. EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Fucking hallelujah I taught Khaled something. I need a moment.
Back to top Go down
Ninetailsrox

Ninetailsrox

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to make clean MEP transitions.   [TUTORIAL] How to make clean MEP transitions. EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 5:44 pm

HAhaAHhaa I'm that airhead that lowers the volume of her track. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sirenaim
Co-leader
Sirenaim

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to make clean MEP transitions.   [TUTORIAL] How to make clean MEP transitions. EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 5:52 pm

I used to be that airhead before, and then I discovered the volume mixer.
Back to top Go down
AnimeTube7

AnimeTube7

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to make clean MEP transitions.   [TUTORIAL] How to make clean MEP transitions. EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 3:42 am

Woah! Thanks for the teachings with alpha channeling Sirenaim. Quite the useful trick!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [TUTORIAL] How to make clean MEP transitions.   [TUTORIAL] How to make clean MEP transitions. Empty

Back to top Go down

[TUTORIAL] How to make clean MEP transitions.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aetos Productions :: AMVs & GRAPHICS :: Help / Tutorial(s)-
Jump to: