Aetos Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED]

Go down 
+2
Sirenaim
Tamirrei
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tamirrei

Tamirrei

Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED] Empty
PostSubject: Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED]   Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED] EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 10:41 am

Name: Cee
Username: Tamirrei
Editing experience (how long? what programs?): I've been editing with Disney footage on August 2011 but I started with anime in April 2012. Either way I still use Sony Vegas 9 during the years of editing, sometimes 11 when 9 decides to be incradibly mean.
Audition video(s):
Why do you want to join us? This studio seems very interesting to work with, and I truly love the music choice you guys have for the MEP's.
Back to top Go down
Sirenaim
Co-leader
Sirenaim

PostSubject: Re: Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED]   Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED] EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 12:49 pm

I'm not that of a fan of typography, the way you used it isn't bad but it just doesn't match in my opinion.
The No.6 video is nice, it's feelsy but the panning is quite too violent for that kind of song. The overuse of pan-zooming doesn't really go well with it either. x'D
As for your Toradora MEP part, it does look nice. The coloring feels warm but then again, the typography comes out of place again and you leave some static scenes way too often.
There's some room for improvement but that would be a no from me. :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sirenaim
Tamirrei

Tamirrei

PostSubject: Re: Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED]   Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED] EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 1:20 pm

Sirenaim wrote:
I'm not that of a fan of typography, the way you used it isn't bad but it just doesn't match in my opinion.
The No.6 video is nice, it's feelsy but the panning is quite too violent for that kind of song. The overuse of pan-zooming doesn't really go well with it either. x'D
As for your Toradora MEP part, it does look nice. The coloring feels warm but then again, the typography comes out of place again and you leave some static scenes way too often.
There's some room for improvement but that would be a no from me. :/
Thank you for your opinion. c: I truly appreciate it even tho it's a no for you ahahah
I have a question tho, what do you mean with static scenes?
Back to top Go down
Sirenaim
Co-leader
Sirenaim

PostSubject: Re: Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED]   Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED] EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 2:26 pm

Tamirrei wrote:
Thank you for your opinion. c: I truly appreciate it even tho it's a no for you ahahah
I have a question tho, what do you mean with static scenes?
Glad you do. :3
What I meant is essentially scenes that don't have any sort of edited zoom out or movement, or that have very slight movement within the frames themselves.
F.e if the character is running and that scene shakes a little, it doesn't really need any panning. However if the character isn't moving at all and just blinks or moves his limbs, it may require some panning depending on the type of song (but generally it always does).

Hope that helped~
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sirenaim
Ninetailsrox

Ninetailsrox

PostSubject: Re: Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED]   Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED] EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 3:42 pm

The first video had a lot of zooms in the beginning which was quite unneeded considering the song. To me the song is pretty calm with an upbeat, so doing it raw with some pans would work perfectly fine.

To me the panning in the second video was pretty good but it could've been done better, like zooming out really fast and then a bit of a slow zoom out afters (sorry if that doesn't make any sense).

I did overall enjoy the video (the second one the most) but it will be a no from me too.
Back to top Go down
MentalTsui
Leader
MentalTsui

PostSubject: Re: Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED]   Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED] EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 10:46 am

The first video had an odd composition in some parts..from what I've watched. I couldn't watch the whole thing to be honest, text and masks seemed rather out of place too.
The second video was alright, altho it's messy and the diffusion in it was rather disturbing. The panning /movement in general was abrupt and too quick.
I apologize but it's NO from me.
Back to top Go down
bloosomangel10

bloosomangel10

PostSubject: Re: Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED]   Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED] EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:29 pm

The first video had a few odd parts, some shakes and zooms were a bit unnecessaire, it made the transition look too rough in my opinion, and the typography was a bit out of place... the second one wasn´t bad, but the zooms were a bit rough D:
I´m really sorry but i´ll have to say no. ;-;
Back to top Go down
WantedRyder

WantedRyder

PostSubject: Re: Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED]   Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED] EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:02 pm

Videos werent bad at all. Very impressive, although to me, your style isnt something we're looking for at this time, so it's a no from me.
Keep it up though, and I am really sorry! All else of luck!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/wantedryder
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED]   Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED] Empty

Back to top Go down

Tamirrei Audition [DECLINED]
Page 1 of 1